Our team of experienced costs lawyers and costs consultants are based in and around London meaning we are ideally placed to attend detailed assessments, costs applications and costs management hearings in London and the Home Counties. Unlike many firms of costs lawyers or law costs draftsmen, all our fee earners are trained advocates and are therefore able to provide the highest quality of representation at court.
With many years’ experience of attending courts in and around London, including the Senior Courts Costs Office and costs appeals in the High Court, clients can be confident they are instructing genuine costs experts.
We can deal with:
- Applications to set aside default costs certificates
- Costs management conferences (CMCs)
- Costs appeals
- Detailed assessment hearings
- Joint settlement meetings
- Telephone hearings relating to costs
The advocates at GWS have been involved in a number of important costs cases, including:
- Hailey v Assurance Mutuelle Des Motards (SCCO) March 5 2015
- King v Thames Water Utilities and Transport for London (Wandsworth County Court) December 15 2011
- Collet v Smith & Anor EWHC 90208 (Costs) (20 May 2011)
- King v Thames Water Utilities & Transport for London (SCCO) April 14 2011
- Priest v CMT Engineering Insulation Ltd(SCCO) July 13 2009
- Brady v Rec-Tech Leisure Ltd(Tunbridge Wells County Court) April 24 2007
- Brierley v Prescott(SCCO) March 31 2006
- Gaynor v Central West London Buses Ltd– October 2005 [decision overturned – see  EWCA Civ 1120]
- Haines v Sarner(SCCO) April 27 2005
- Lewis v Royal Shrewsbury Hospital(RCJ) (SCCO Case Summaries) No.15 of 2005
- Pirie v Ayling(SCCO) February 18 2003
We are happy to accept instructions on either an hourly rate basis or a fixed fee. We provide the level of expertise expected from specialist costs counsel at a cost that may surprise you.
Contact us – we are here to help.